Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Looking for a good home espresso machine?

 A few friends of mine have recently purchased the Astra home machine and it is a unique machine. All parts on the machine can be fixed by the owner and they are all metal parts - no plastic. You can pick up parts from your local Lowe's or Home Depot and if there happens to be a part that they don't carry then contact the manufacturer and they will send it right out. I talked to the owner of the company the other day to find out about a larger commercial machine and I must say that the experience on the phone with him was so pleasant. I asked him if there was a coffee house anywhere near Vero Beach, FL that uses his Mega II or Mega III so I could go test it out. He asked me if he could get back to me within two hours. I said that would be great. Within two hours he called me back with a coffee house within three hours of where I am staying. Looks like it's possibly road trip time!!
Although the website for this company isn't too up-to-date, you should check it out: ASTRA MFR
The home machine is very sleek looking and makes a mean espresso! Especially with Rio Coco Ethiopia Yirgacheffe beans.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, Jill. So, would that be 3 hours south of you, or north of you? You know I live three hours from you, right? Road trip!

    ReplyDelete