Thursday, September 16, 2010

His creation is everywhere

No matter where we go in this world we will undoubtedly find God's creation. The question is whether or not we can see it as His creation or sometimes do we get bugged by it. I am living on this little island in the Caribbean and the sites and surroundings are absolutely beautiful. I could post all the beautiful pictures of the beaches, palms, boats, etc. Or I could mix it up a bit and post some pictures of the rest of His creation here which some people might not be able to handle living with. 

Leftside: These banana spiders are everywhere. They usually reside a tad bit higher than the normal human height and they love to be near, you guessed it, banana trees. Up close, they are a magnificent display of His creation. 

Rightside: This little iguana strolls through our yard and he is one of three that we feed our compost to. I caught him on the hibiscus plant outside the boathouse. If we don't feed the iguanas then they will eat all the beautiful greenery. 








Several times a week I will take a golf-cart ride up to the airport with Edith and Jeanne. This particular night we encountered lots of pregnant crabs making their way across the runway. If you look closely, the pack of brown between her pinchers are thousands of little crab eggs. She, along with all the other pregnant mama's are going to lay their little crab babies. 





Whenever I go out to Laguna Beach Resort for lunch, I get to be a part of the feeding of the aquatic and wild life around the resort. This chain eel was practically coming out of the water to catch the leftover meat we were feeding him. 



This ancient looking iguana is part of the regular feeding out at Laguna Beach Resort. As you walk around with the bowl of food for them, they appear out of nowhere. They know when it's feeding time. He is just one of 6 or 7 that I saw.

Just wanted to post some images of what I see on a daily basis that reminds me God is so creative! I have many stories about catching geckos in my room and releasing them back to their babies outside the door and having a designated flip-flop for killing cockroaches in our room but I will save those for another post. I am grateful that my God is creative and I get to experience his beauty everyday. It's all a matter of perspective!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Jill. Brings back memories... Living in India, I killed cockroaches every morning with my flip flop and had resident geckos.

    ReplyDelete